this is a delicious raw meal.
it's really just a simple nut meat salad, but some people are turned off by the words "nut and meat."
call it whatever you want, it's good and good for you!
keep in mind you need to soak the nuts overnight
Raw vegan "tuna" salad
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked and covered overnight, then drained)
- 1 cup walnuts (soaked and covered overnight, then drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3-4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- handful of grape tomatoes
- fresh sprouts
once nuts and seeds have soaked for at least 6 hours,
add them to a food processor and process until chunky but not creamy (3-5 pulses)
add the next 4 ingredients and process another minute
combine with the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
salt and pepper to taste
serve with your favorite leafy green, fresh grape tomatoes, sprouts
other ideas: add a bit of your favorite italian dressing, or throw a pickle in there!