ever bought a loaf of gluten free bread that just wasn't very good?
or just didn't taste good?
if that's the case for you, or you simply want to make your day-old bread better, turn that bread into french toast!!
simple recipe, and with this one batch of batter i made a whole loaf of french toast
- 1 cup milk of choice (i used regular so delicious coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (don't need this if you use vanilla flavored milk)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf bread of choice (i used a brown rice loaf)
combine all ingredients besides bread in a medium mixing bowl, whisk
allow to settle for a few minutes
heat a non stick pan, and once warm, lightly grease (i used soy free earth balance)
whisk mix again before dunking the bread in
dip the bread in the mix for 3-5 seconds and place in pan
cook each side, until brown and crispy
serve with whatever makes you happy!
(maple syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, preserves, sunflower butter.......)